e at NoCode Journal are big believers in design being the lifeline of all technology products. Within this space earlier the design focus was on designing websites for desktop browsers, but since mid-2010 and currently, the demand for the design of mobile and tablet browsers has also become important. Let us look into this NoCode tool that focuses on increasing the quality of design for the web through peer feedback.
Robert L Peters the Canadian graphics designer and design educator said, "Design creates culture. Culture shapes values. Values determine the future.".
Pastryy, provides quality feedback for Designers, Entrepreneurs, Developers, or anyone looking to get feedback on their website or mobile app designs. AJ Picard, the only founder of Pastryy, shared his journey. In 2017 I decided to become an entrepreneur and started to push a social media app I thought of called Clava. During this journey, I had tons of people ask me for feedback or to design/build their products. I started diving into the NoCode space during this journey, which allowed me to not only make websites or apps for people but also allowed me to create my products since I somewhat know how to code. I now run Pastryy, Clava, and my studio called Sauce Designs (we help bring products to life through code & NoCode).
You might probably wonder, how he got into the NoCode community? He explained, “I got into NoCode around January 2018 when I came across Webflow. When I saw the freedom Webflow gave you, I decided to dive into it.”.
The tool launched in November 2019. The ideal target of this tool is for Student Designers, Freelancers, Business Owners, Design Studios, and Software Development companies. Currently, Pastryy has 150 members, and 140 of them are students that this tool has been able to assist while the remaining ten are paying customers. Mainly their features are:
- You get a chance to have feedback on your logo, website, and mobile app designs.
- They feedback will help you to become a better designer.
Pastryy has as simple pricing structure
- Students - This tool is an advantage for students because Pastryy’s service is free for students.
- Basic - A basic account you can get feedback on one of your designs for $100 receive 2 to 5 feedbacks per one submission and get feedback on one page for your submission
- Premium - You can submit unlimited designs for by signing up for our premium plan, which is $250 per month. You can access one on one weekly mentor sessions. A designer can receive feedback in 24 hours per one submission and unlimited submissions per month. Get feedback on your whole project and weekly design tips sent right to your email.
- Enteprise - For the Enterprise, you can visit their website and connect with them to understand pricing.
The founder also explained his aim is for the community, “We want to build a community that designers can go to for support and, more importantly, to receive thorough and quality feedback so they can improve their designs.” Now, their community has 25 members and they do post design jobs here and share weekly perks every Friday that the community can access. If you are interested in joining, check out their Slack channel. It encourages students or designers to sign up for their seven-day free trial and give it a shot to show you the type of feedback Pastryy can provide. Once you have uploaded a design, you will be able to see first hand what Pastryy feedback looks like.