s someone who must have heard words like NoCode, LowCode, and Citizen Developer, you might be curious as to how to start if you are a beginner to this space. There are many tools within the NoCode space. On our last count in our internal Airtable, we have around 192 tools that define themselves as NoCode or LowCode. That's a large number of tools and will overwhelm anyone who is entering the NoCode world for the first time. This article is an attempt to list platforms that are simple for getting your feet wet for completely novice NoCode makers.
When you think about the ability to create a technology product or create an application for a business, you may think of Marketing the company in question, automating functions of the company, or maybe merely creating the website for a business. Those are the areas we have covered in this article.
We talk about
- Carrd - One-pager to market your product
- Zapier - Connect business applications to automate workflow
- Webflow - Build a complete website for your business
Build a one-pager - Carrd
- Companies or individuals who want to start building an audience, launching your first product or growing your business into another market
- A Fully responsive website is as simple as dragging and dropping, and with the prebuilt templates, you can have one built and live in less than 5 minutes.
- You can use other functions like buttons, forms, video, audio, widgets, and embeds.
- You can connect all of your platforms.
- It is easier and less complicated than WordPress or Squarespace.
- You can create without signing up and have the Carrd log and a subdomain based access.
- To get additional features like Custom Domains, no branding, more pages, Forms, Widgets plus embeds along with Google Analytics, there is a 19 USD per year charge.
Workflow Automation - Zapier
- Building things with no-code tools often requires connecting two applications that don't usually communicate with each other
- You can pick apps to explore workflow ideas such as Google Sheets, Gmail, Twitter, Slack, GDrive, Facebook page, and 2,000 more apps.
- Free- Build one-to-one connections with your apps, Automate basic tasks, Get help from our top-notch support team
- Premium - Plans that start at $20 per month, Build more workflows with more steps, Create conditional workflows, Get priority support and Upgrade or downgrade at any time
Full-fledged Website Builder - Webflow
- Webflow is a beginner's tool for those who would like to build a website without worrying about hosting, SEO, or other complicated steps that come with creating a website.
- The number one website builder favored amongst no-code website makers due to the easy to use user interface and in-built Content Management System or CMS.
- There are some incredible templates which you can grab and customize easily.
- Template page for each collection, blog posts, company directory, etc. you do not have to manually create each page like you have to do in other web builders.
- The Webflow CMS enables you to create pages based off of a collection item dynamically
- Pricing: There is a Starter pack which is free to create and explore. But to put a site into the world wide web, you will need a 16 USD per month plan at a minimum.